Housing Stabilization Services is a Medical Assistance (MA) benefit that helps people with disabilities and seniors find and keep housing. It is for people who are experiencing homelessness, at risk of homelessness, at risk of institutionalization, or living in an institution

Who it Helps?

To get Housing Stabilization Services, you must:

  • Have Medical Assistance (MA) Coverage
  • Be 18 or older
  • Have a disability
  • Experiencing homelessness or at risk of institutionalization
  • Be assessed to need help with, communication, mobility, decision making or managing moods or behavior

What it Offers?

There are three types of Housing Stabilization Services

    • Housing Consultation:

A housing consultant helps a person who doesn’t have MA case management develop a person-centered plan that addresses their needs, wants, and goals for living in the community.

    • Housing Transition Services:

A housing transition services provider (a person or agency) helps a person plan for, find, and move into housing.

    • Housing Sustaining Services:

A housing sustaining services provider (a person or agency) helps a person keep their housing after they have moved in.